- The Committee shall investigate and make reports on laws and decisions which vitally affect the abstract and title business in Florida.
- Promote and strive for the improvement of government by encouraging and stimulating persons engaged in the title insurance industry and others to participate in governmental and political affairs;
- Encourage persons engaged in the title insurance industry and others to know and understand the nature and actions of their government (legislative, executive and judicial) concerning land transactions and the title to land, including informing the public and office-holders on important issues relating thereto and the records of office-holders and candidates with respect to such issues;
- Assist persons engaged in the title insurance industry and others in organizing themselves for more effective political action;
- Support, without regard to party affiliation, those candidates and office-holders whose xpressed philosophy or records in office are consistent with the concepts of government through the private-enterprise system;
- Assist those candidates and office-holders in fundraising, outreach and lobbying as needed to further our industry; and
- At the direction of the Board, do any and all things which are permitted by law and which are necessary or desirable for the achievement of the purposes stated in this section.
Who: One member representative from each title insurer; and an equal number of Regular Members or Honorary Members which shall be from the Title Insurance Agents and Abstractors Section
How do you get on the committee? Presidential Appointment
Who: Selected by the President